Wednesday 25 January 2012

It's A Wonderful Day For Film

This day was going to be aaaaall about my university work, but instead I have learned some very interesting things from my friend IMDB! This post is completely focused on film news (though I did today watch "The Diary of Anne Frank" (1957) but I can't be bothered to talk about that right now.

Firstly, a little more Fassbender news. Have you had enough yet? I hope not, because as I said, this is HIS year. I have discovered he is making a film with BRAD PITT and CHIWETEL EJIOFOR, called "Twelve Years a Slave", directed by, surprise surprise, Fassbender's 2nd biggest fan (after me), Steve McQueen. The film isn't set to come out until 2013, little information is known at the moment and these are the only actors as of yet linked to the project, but aren't they enough? Luckily, the film is based on the book of the same title, so we are not at a loss for insight on the subject matter. The general description is a story set in the mid-1800s of a man living in New York, Solomon Northup (who also wrote the book), who is kidnapped and forced into slavery in the deep south. Yes, this is almost word for word from IMDB and any other non-detailed source you read and yes, the film isn't due for release for a year yet, but it's definitely something to get excited about, especially if you want more on the Fassbender-McQueen collaboration.

Secondly, the man I probably mention second most, after Fassbender, Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a cracking year ahead of him, and many films I don't believe I have mentioned coming out. He has five set for this year alone: "The Dark Knight Rises", "Premium Rush", "Looper", "Lincoln", and "Django Unlimited". Of course, I have told you about the first and last of these, but I want to give some details on the ones inbetween. "Lincoln" excites me the most, in which Levitt plays Abraham Lincoln's son, Robert Todd Lincoln. The film is about Lincoln's struggle against slavery and stars... dun dun dun!! One of my all-time favourites, Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln himself. Watch this space for some BRILLIANT acting. If anyone can completely personify someone else's being, its Day-Lewis. "Looper" also looks to be full-on entertainment. Partly because the synopsis is so frikkin' cool: a killer who works for the mob of the future discovers one of his targets is his future self. And partly because that killer is Gordon-Levitt and his future self is none other than Bruce Willis, cool guy extraordinaire!

I hope this has wet your appetites! I know they're all going on my list of must-sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment